Current Job Listings
Veritas House is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. Veritas currently delivers services in a range of FACS-funded programs across Bathurst and Orange. Our service is expanding, and we are looking for very special people to join our team.
Personal Advisor – Premier’s Youth Initiative (Fulltime, Orange)
The Premier’s Youth Initiative is a growing service that aims to prevent homelessness among young people leaving statutory care by providing them with a personal advisor and mentoring in education, employment and accommodation services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Advisor to join our team based in Orange. This role assists young people leaving care by:
- Implementing leaving care plans that meet the client’s goals;
- Helping to develop life-skills in building relationships, navigating mainstream and specialist services and handling change;
- Acting as the lead coordinator for services, education and accommodation options while skilling clients in self-advocacy
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree qualification (or Diploma and working towards a Degree)
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of working in a trauma informed, strengths based practice with young people who have lived in Out of Home Care
- Experience providing incidental counselling and mentoring to young people with complex needs
- Experience building relationships, networking, and working cooperatively with a wide range of diverse services that offer supports to young people
- Experience and well developed skills in goal setting and action planning for young people leaving Out Of home Care
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation, rights and resources available to children and young people who have been placed in out of Home Care, including requirements for leaving and after-care planning
- High level planning and organising skills to support allocated clients while meeting deadlines and administration requirements
- Capacity to travel within the Western NSW region to meet with clients.
Salary and conditions in accordance with Grade 4, Level 4 under the SCHCADS Award.
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening.
Full details of the position, including the selection criteria and information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Package.
Applications close at 9.00 am on Monday, 27th August 2018 and should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
Casual Employment Pool
Veritas House operates a casual pool to support our permanent staff where required across a variety of sections in both Bathurst and Orange. We offer a unique opportunity to obtain experience with a well-known and respected “not-for-profit” within the community welfare and Permanency Support (Out of Home Care) sector.
To be successful in joining our casual pool you will need to have a demonstrated ability in the profession and answer the Desirable Criteria:
- Certificate IV or equivalent in a relevant service industry field
- A Current Working with Children Check (Employment) and a willingness to complete the National Criminal Screening.
- A Current Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of Child Protection legislation and practice
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and to be called for last minute shifts
If you feel that you fit the above criteria please forward a covering letter answering the criteria and a resume listing two work related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be added to our database and contacted for an interview when positions become available. Applicants that are employed will be asked to complete an application for a National Criminal Record Screening.