Veritas House is governed by an annually elected Management Committee drawn from its members. Veritas House brings together a broad based representation of the communities it serves. The role of the Veritas House Management Committee is to focus on the strategic direction of the organisation and to work within a governance framework.
The Management Committee has a focus on:
- Core legal requirements
- External reporting requirements
- Stated objectives in the Strategic and Business Plan
- Financial objectives
- Client objectives and satisfaction
The Management Committee carries out its governance role by ensuring the following processes:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Management Committee and CEO are clearly defined
- Outcomes are identified
- Policies are developed and implemented
- Delegations are in place
- Performance monitoring systems are implemented
- Accountability mechanisms are undertaken
The Management Committee delegates the day-to-day management of the organisation to the CEO who reports and is responsible to the Management Committee.
The CEO has a team of professional and skilled staff who undertake the day-to-day operations of the programs that Veritas provides, as shown by the Veritas House organisational structure.