Veritas House Youth Refuge – Emerge Orange
The youth refuge is a 24 hour crisis service providing short term and emergency accommodation and support for young people between the ages of 16 and 24 years who are vulnerable, homeless or at risk of homelessness (subject to assessment). Veritas House is located in both Bathurst and Orange and offers referral services throughout the Bathurst, Oberon, Blayney, Orange and Cabonne areas.
Veritas House operates from a strengths based philosophy and is committed to empowering young people and creating opportunities for them to make informed choices about their lives. This may mean working with a young person to enhance their ability to live independently and /or to assist them to reconnect with their family and community.
What does the Emerge Youth Refuge provide?
- Veritas provides short – term and emergency supported accommodation
- The refuge is a comfortable, clean, homelike environment, where young people can feel safe, supported and protected
- Our professional and caring youth workers are available 24 hours a day to assist young people
- Individualised case management is available to all young people accommodated within the service to assist with:
- Identifying immediate needs as well as long term goals
- Referral to independent housing
- Family mediation
- Assessment, advocacy and referral to specialised services
- Personal support
- Social / living skills education and programs
- Recreational activities
- Crisis intervention
- Work toward restoration and / or reconciliation with their families (where appropriate)
The Service is flexible and can support young people through a range of service delivery methods including case management, case work and casual assistance.
Hours for referral purposes are Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm by contacting 6361 8099 or by visiting Veritas House at 29-31 Sale Street, Orange.
The Emerge Youth Refuge is a specialist homelessness service funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services.