About Veritas House
Veritas House is a community-based, not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity that provides a range of flexible services to children, young people, families and Foster Carers. Veritas House is managed by an annually elected volunteer Board. Veritas House 2017-18 Annual Report outlines our key achievements for the financial year and how well we’re achieving our goals.
Veritas House Services
Veritas House provides a range of programs funded by the NSW Department of Family & Community Services (FACS), including:
- Youth Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) in Bathurst and Orange
- Permanency Support (Foster Care)
- Premier’s Youth Initiative (PYI)
- Non-Placement Support Service (NPSS)
- Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP)
- Youth and Family Services (Targeted Earlier Intervention Services – TEI)
Veritas House Vision
Our Vision is to contribute to the creation of a socially just and caring community in which every person is safe, secure and valued.
Veritas House Mission Statement
Veritas House provides innovative, accessible, responsive services to the community through the provision of care, support and advocacy. Our Mission is to:
- End the cycle of homelessness
- Empower people to reach their full potential
- Strengthen interpersonal, family and community relationships, and
- Work in the best interests of children and young people in Out of Home Care (Foster Care).
Veritas House Organisational Values
The following core operating values influence the culture and public image of Veritas House. They articulate ideals that the organisation aspires to hold itself accountable for and offers guidance about how the organisation behaves in carrying out its mission.
- Culturally sensitive
- Fair and Honest
Veritas House Strengths
As a community-based, local organisation we provide a number of benefits:
- We are a unique service
- We provide a range of programs
- We are well known
- We are well utilised
- We have sound experience and skills
- We have a strong reputation
- We are flexible and responsive to local needs.