About Veritas House
Veritas House is a community-based, not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity that provides a range of flexible services to children, young people, families and Foster Carers. Veritas House is managed by an annually elected volunteer Board. The Veritas House 2019-20 Annual Report outlines our key achievements for the financial year and how well we’re achieving our goals.
Veritas House Services
Veritas House provides a range of programs funded by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), including:
- Youth Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) in Bathurst and Orange
- Permanency Support (Foster Care)
- Premier’s Youth Initiative (PYI)
- Non-Placement Support Service (NPSS)
- Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP)
- Youth and Family Services (Targeted Earlier Intervention Services – TEI)
Veritas House Vision
Our Vision is to contribute to the creation of a socially just and caring community in which every person is safe, secure and valued.
Veritas House Mission Statement
Veritas House provides innovative, accessible, responsive services to the community through the provision of care, support and advocacy. Our Mission is to:
- End the cycle of homelessness
- Empower people to reach their full potential
- Strengthen interpersonal, family and community relationships, and
- Work in the best interests of children and young people in Out of Home Care (Foster Care).
Veritas House Organisational Values
Our core operating values influence the culture and public image of Veritas. They articulate ideals that we aspire to hold ourselves accountable for and offers guidance about how we behave in carrying out our mission.
We are all connected and the way we behave towards each other matters. Showing respect, being inclusive and communicating in a kind and honest way gives everyone the opportunity to feel valued. Strong relationships lead to mutual understanding and support.
We work together to solve problems and deliver solutions. We understand that bringing people together fosters empathy, builds trust and sparks creativity. Collaboration helps us achieve our goals and the goals of the children, young people and others we work with.
With an open mind, we accept people without prejudice or judgement. Compassion opens our minds to others, regardless of our differences. Compassion allows us to work in a caring, well-informed way that respects the experiences and needs of the people we work with.
We are true to ourselves and stand up for what we believe, regardless of pressure from others. We don’t try to be what we’re not, and this transparency means others know where they stand with us. Our actions are genuine and without pretence.
Veritas House Strengths
As a community-based, local organisation we provide a number of benefits:
- We are a unique service
- We provide a range of programs
- We are well known
- We are well utilised
- We have sound experience and skills
- We have a strong reputation
- We are flexible and responsive to local needs.