About Veritas House
Veritas House is a community-based, not-for-profit incorporated organisation and a registered charity that provides a range of flexible services to children, young people, families and carers. Veritas House is managed by an annually elected volunteer Board. Our 2016-17 Annual Report outlines our key achievements for the financial year and how well we’re achieving our goals.
Veritas House provides a range of programs funded by the NSW Department of Family & Community Services (FACS), including:
- Youth Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS)
- Permanency Support (Foster Care)
- Premier’s Youth Initiative (PYI)
- Non-Placement Support Service (NPSS)
- Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP)
- Targeted Earlier Intervention Services (TEI)
Our Vision is to contribute to the creation of a socially just and caring community in which every person is safe, secure and valued.
Veritas provides innovative, accessible, responsive services to the community through the provision of care, support and advocacy. Our Mission is to:
- End the cycle of homelessness
- Empower people to reach their full potential
- Strengthen interpersonal, family and community relationships, and
- Work in the best interests of children and young people in Out of Home Care.
The following core operating values influence the culture and public image of Veritas. They articulate ideals that the organisation aspires to hold itself accountable for and offers guidance about how the organisation behaves in carrying out its mission.
- Culturally sensitive
- Fair and Honest
As a community based local organisation we provide a number of benefits:
- We are a unique service
- We provide a range of programs
- We are well known
- We are well utilised
- We have sound experience and skills
- We have a strong reputation
- We are flexible and responsive to local needs