Veritas House Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP) supports young people aged 12-15 years, who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
Veritas works collaboratively with families and other services to support young people. Support is FREE and provided through individualised case management which focuses on:
- Rebuilding relationships with family, kin and culture
- Support accessing education, training and employment
- Assistance accessing health and mental health services
- Connection with community, providing assistance to connect with community groups
- Safe Accommodation, through information and support to secure safe accommodation options.
Where are services available?
The Veritas House HYAP provides support to young people in the Central West Local Government Areas of:
- Bathurst Regional Council
- Blayney Shire Council
- Cabonne Council
- Cowra Council
- Forbes Shire Council
- Lachlan Shire Council
Outreach Services are also available.
If you are located in any of the above areas and would like to make a referral or learn more about HYAP, simply contact:
Veritas House Orange, 29-31 Sale Street
Ph. 6361 8099 during business hours or 0417 657 232 after hours.
Veritas House Bathurst, 106-108 Russell Street
Ph. 6332 3882 during business hours or 0407 188 877 after hours.
The Veritas House Homeless Youth Assistance Program is funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services.