Current Job Listings
Veritas House is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people, their families and carers. Veritas currently delivers services in a range of programs funded by Department of Communities and Justice (formerly Family and Community Services) and Juvenile Justice across Bathurst, Orange and Dubbo. Our service is expanding, and we are looking for very special people to join our team.
Casual Youth Workers (Bathurst or Orange)
Veritas House is a vibrant not for profit community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families in the Bathurst and Orange areas.
Our casual staff work across our service, supporting children and young people by:
- working in our homelessness and residential services
- supervising contact visits
- transporting clients to appointments
- mentoring young people
- providing respite care
Our aim is to help you grow your career. We provide you with diverse experience across our services and enough work hours to meet your needs, along with training, professional supervision and the opportunity to develop skills for permanent positions in a growing Agency.
Work can be scheduled over a 24/7 roster, and ideally you will be available to work weekends, weekdays, public holidays and sleepovers.
These positions are child related, so you will need to have a Working with Children Check, be prepared to undertake a National Criminal Check, have relevant qualifications (Cert IV, Diploma or Degree), and a current unrestricted driver’s licence. Experience is a bonus!
To apply, send us your resume plus a cover letter that answers these questions:
- what are your qualifications (minimum Cert IV in Youth Work or similar, or in last year of degree)?
- why do you want to work for Veritas House?
- how does trauma effect children and young people?
- what experience have you had setting boundaries and working with challenging behaviours?
- do you have a WWCC, First Aid Certificate and Driver’s Licence (we provide the car)?
- what days of the week (and hours) are you available to work?
- can you work sleepover shifts, on weekends and on public holidays?
- do you have a preference for Bathurst or Orange, or can you work out of either location?
Send your resume and a cover letter (don’t forget to answer the above questions) to email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.