Creating a socially just and caring community takes people like YOU doing the thing you love.
As an organisation we value collaboration, authenticity, compassion and relationships; and together, we work towards achieving a world where every person feels safe, secure and valued. We do work we’re proud of, supporting young children, young people and families, but we offer more than just the chance to feel good.
- Access not-for-profit salary packaging options of up to $15,900 per year plus meals and entertainment benefits (Salary Packaging can lower your taxable income and help you pay less tax – a great benefit to working for a not-for-profit organisation!)
- Additional paid leave once your probationary period is complete (what we call ‘Wellbeing Days’)
- Use a company vehicle for all work related travel
- Discounted Westfund health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Working for a passionate, locally based community organisation
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to develop your skills working within a trauma informed team
- Individual and group professional supervision with our Clinical and Consultation Services team
- Work for an organisation with a diverse range of services, meaning great career options; we love to provide opportunities for our employees!
Veritas House is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people, their families and carers. Veritas currently delivers services in Permanency Support (formerly known as OOHC), Youth Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS), Case Work Support Service (CWSS), Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI), Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP), Supported Independent Living (SIL), Interim Care (IC), Premier’s Youth Initiative (PYI) and Trauma-Informed Individual Placement and Support (TI-IPS). Our service is expanding and we are looking for very special people to join our team.
Current Job Listings
Applications close at 9 AM on Friday 1 March 2024.
To read the Information Package, which includes the details on how to apply click here.
Caseworkers in our HYAP program work with children and young people 12 to 15 years old who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness. They assist young people to:
- Rebuild family, kin and cultural connections
- Build age appropriate living skills
- Engage with education, training and/or employment,
- Access mainstream health, mental health and wellbeing services
- Engage with the broader community
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in Orange. If you have the skills and passion for this challenging role, please apply!
If you have any questions, please address them to email@example.com.
“For as long as I can remember, Veritas House has held a pretty special place in our community. The children, young people and families Veritas supports can often be some of the most vulnerable, and they deserve the care and support Veritas House has delivered for so long. When the opportunity to be a part of that came along, I had to jump at it. My role is the Clinical and Consultation Services Manager, but really what that means is I manage our clinical team. I get to do a mix of clinical work myself, as well as helping support the clinicians we employ, and building the CCS service.”
Peter Rohr, Clinical and Consultation Services Manager
We hire on merit alone and welcome the true, authentic and diverse person you are. We value a team as diverse as our community. Irrespective of your culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, linguistic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation – we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring to the Veritas House team, and celebrate diversity in everything that makes you, you.