Current Job Listings
Veritas House is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. Veritas currently delivers services in a range of programs funded by Family and Community Services and Juvenile Justice across Bathurst, Orange and Dubbo. Our service is expanding, and we are looking for very special people to join our team.
Residential Youth Workers (Permanent Part-Time & Casual), Bathurst & Orange
Some of our workers have moved into new roles and we have additional casual positions available. Our Residential Youth Workers work an average of 27.5 hours per week, and assist young people in crisis accommodation by:
- Providing supervision and support over a 24 hour roster
- Planning and facilitating options with clients to meet each young person’s needs
- Providing emotional and practical support
Young people may exhibit trauma, behavioural and other issues or challenging interpersonal skills – these are incredibly rewarding positions that can make a difference to a young person’s future.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services or similar & enrolled in a Diploma, OR Diploma OR Degree OR third year in a degree qualification.
- Detailed understanding of Child Protection Legislation and Regulation, including knowledge of the NSW Keep Them Safe Initiative.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by young people experiencing or potentially experiencing homelessness and the resulting behaviours.
- Understanding of cultural issues with the ability to work with Aboriginal people.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound professional judgement, and apply initiative within organisational policy and procedures.
- High level of written, verbal and computer-based communication skills, including the use of data and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work shifts, including sleep-over shifts, over a 24 hour, 7 day roster.
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening.
Full details of the position, including information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Package.
Applications for part-time roles close at 9.00am on Monday 29th July 2019.
Applications for casual roles will be assessed for interview as they are received.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
Casual Employment Pool
Veritas House operates a casual pool to support our permanent staff where required across a variety of sections in both Bathurst and Orange. We offer a unique opportunity to obtain experience with a well-known and respected “not-for-profit” within the community welfare, youth homelessness, early intervention and Permanency Support (Out of Home Care) sectors.
To be successful in joining our casual pool you will need to have a demonstrated ability in the profession and answer the Desirable Criteria:
- Certificate IV or equivalent in a relevant service industry field
- A Current Working with Children Check (Employment) and a willingness to complete the National Criminal Screening.
- A Current Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of Child Protection legislation and practice
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and to be called for last minute shifts
If you feel that you fit the above criteria please forward a covering letter answering the criteria and a resume listing two work related references to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be added to our database and contacted for an interview when positions become available. Applicants that are employed will be asked to complete an application for a National Criminal Record Screening.