Current Job Listings
Veritas House is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. Veritas currently delivers services in a range of programs funded by Family and Community Services and Juvenile Justice across Bathurst, Orange and Dubbo. Our service is expanding, and we are looking for very special people to join our team.
Case Work Coordinator – Permanency Support (Permanent, Full-time, Bathurst-based)
Our service is growing and we need a second Case Work Coordinator to work with a dedicated team of Case Workers. The successful candidate will:
- Make a real difference in the lives of children & young people
- Use your experience in OOHC, child protection or permanency support to coach and develop a small team of Case Workers
- Enjoy working in an innovative & creative way to meet your client’s goals
- Salary circa $90k + super + $15,900 salary packaging + additional leave days
- Minimum tertiary level qualifications in Community Services, Youth Work or similar along with experience working with youth and families in a community services environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and team development skills.
- Experience in the Out of Home Care / Foster Care / Child Protection sector.
- Strong understanding of trauma and its impact on the development and behaviour of children and young people.
- Highly developed analytical casework skills, including well developed and effective interpersonal and written communication skills, and high level negotiation and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a partnership approach with colleagues, the community and other agencies in all aspects of work.
- Experience or knowledge of the Children’s Guardian accreditation process and NSW Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care.
- High level of written, verbal and computer-based communication skills, including the use of data and case management reporting portals.
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening. Positions are paid under the SCHCADS Award.
Full details of the position and information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Package. Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 20th May 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
Contact Veritas House Operations Manager, Joel Palmer for further information on 6332 3882.
Aboriginal Case Worker – Permanency Support (identified position)*: Full-time, Bathurst or Orange-based
- Provide ongoing support to children & young people in kinship/foster care, their carers & birth family
- Support Carers in providing quality care of children & young people
- Support connections to family, culture & community
- Support culturally appropriate case work practice
- Proof of Aboriginality
- Qualifications in Human Services (Social Work, Welfare, Youth Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology or similar), preferably at Degree or Diploma level;
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously to develop, implement and manage effective case plans for multiple children or young people simultaneously;
- Comprehensive understanding of trauma and its impact on the development and behaviour of children;
- Understanding of the complex care needs of children and young people living in Permanency Support;
- Knowledge of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1988 and NSW Permanency Support Standards;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality reports, maintain accurate records and use computer based technologies for administrative practices;
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and organisational requirements.
- Knowledge of Shared Lives and Step by Step Foster Carer Assessment training;
- Experience working in Child Protection or an out-of-home-care setting
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening.
Full details of the position and information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Package.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday, 20th May, 2019.
* Veritas House considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
Casual Employment Pool
Veritas House operates a casual pool to support our permanent staff where required across a variety of sections in both Bathurst and Orange. We offer a unique opportunity to obtain experience with a well-known and respected “not-for-profit” within the community welfare, youth homelessness, early intervention and Permanency Support (Out of Home Care) sectors.
To be successful in joining our casual pool you will need to have a demonstrated ability in the profession and answer the Desirable Criteria:
- Certificate IV or equivalent in a relevant service industry field
- A Current Working with Children Check (Employment) and a willingness to complete the National Criminal Screening.
- A Current Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of Child Protection legislation and practice
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and to be called for last minute shifts
If you feel that you fit the above criteria please forward a covering letter answering the criteria and a resume listing two work related references to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be added to our database and contacted for an interview when positions become available. Applicants that are employed will be asked to complete an application for a National Criminal Record Screening.