We believe in creating a socially just and caring community in which every person is safe, secure and valued.
Having first opened our doors in 1981, we continue to offer accommodation and support services to more than 800 vulnerable children, young people and their families annually across the Central West. With offices in Bathurst and Orange, we have grown to become one of the region’s largest providers of foster care and youth homelessness services, employing more than 100 people. As a community-based organisation, Veritas staff are local and able to be responsive to the unique needs of those living in our area.
We are not-for-profit organisation and registered charity with some incredible supporters. Together we are changing the lives of vulnerable children, young people and their families in our community.
Our Services & Programs
Veritas strives to be a centre of excellence dedicated to providing effective services to children, young people and their families who require support. We provide holistic services which foster self-determination, security and growth. We aspire to:
- Empower young people to reach their full potential
- Strengthen interpersonal, family and community relationships
- End the cycle of youth homelessness
Our programs include:
- Youth Specialist Homeless Services (SHS) in Bathurst and Orange
- Permanency Support or Out-of-Home Care (Foster Care)
- Premier’s Youth Initiative (PYI)
- Casework Support Services (previously Non-Placement Support Service)
- Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP)
- Targeted Family Services (TFS)
- Interim Care accommodation supports
- Supported Independent Living Services (SILS)